what do I do now?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for a while now. We are talking about saving money so we can plan a wedding. I live with my dad and he lives with his parents. Well my dad wants my boyfriend to move in so i'm not home alone (dad wants to pretty much move in with his girlfriend, but still pay the rent where I live). I asked my boyfriend over a month ago if he wanted to and he said yes. Now that it's time to actually move he doesn't seem interested in it and he keeps saying he needs to talk to his mom (his mom manages his money, why i dont know but she does). We are both 22. Do I just assume he isn't going to move in or do I keep asking him until I get a answer even though it seems to bug him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• Well I wouldn't be saving up for a wedding if you don't even pay for your own dang house.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:11 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• It doesn't sound like he really feels ready for that step yet. I would talk to him one more time about it, let him know that you aren't trying to bug him but you need to figure out your living situation and it's ok if he doesn't want to, you just need to know what is going on. And then drop it.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:12 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• He's 22, his mom manages his money and you don't know why? You better find out more about this situation before he moves in or you get married don't you think?
    pegleg63

Answer by pegleg63 at 3:17 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I agree with the others, it doesn't seem like either of you are ready to be getting into a marriage.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 3:21 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Your dad runs your life by saying he didn't want you to be alone.His mom runs his life by managing his money.Unless he did not tell you the truth.Maybe he doesn't want to move in with you.You are too young to worry about getting married.Have fun while you can.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 3:25 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Sounds to me like you're both too immature to be thinking about living together and/or getting married. Continue to date and perhaps you should go to some couples counseling now. Then you'll know if you're really ready.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 3:46 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I can see why a father wouldn't want his young daughter to live alone. I would ask him if he wants to move in with you. You don't have to push, just talk to him. If you're planning a wedding, at some point, you will have to live together ; )
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 4:00 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• his mom manageing his money is a bad sign to me... dont thin hes ready for the actul commitment.
    hotmama83227

Answer by hotmama83227 at 4:35 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Assume he is not going to move in with you and don't expect him to. I'm sure you love eachother but it would serve you both better to live alone before you live together... take it slow and if he decides to move in then let it happen. In the mean time, invest in an alarm system.
    VanessaMomof2

Answer by VanessaMomof2 at 4:41 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I wouldn't be trying to plan a wedding just yet. If he is not mature enough to know how to manage his own money, there is a story there. Momma's boys are hard to be with, I'll just put that out there. If it were me, I would focus on getting an education, a career, and getting my own place to live. After doing that, if y'all are still together, plan a wedding. Right now it just seems like two people who aren't ready to get married are rushing things.
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 5:38 PM on Nov. 3, 2010