How can I get my libido back? far TMI adult content

I'm only 26, healthy and fairly happy. I don't understand why, when my dh wants to have sex with me I just don't want to. I almost always tell him no, sometimes even when I do have slight interest! Once we start making out and stuff I sometimes I get into it sometimes I don't but I especially have a hard time getting things going down there. I find my dh sexy, we arn't experiencing marriage difficulties or anything, I just don't have sex as a top priority

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Health

• Depends on why your libido has waned.

Is it due to: emotional distance in your relationship, tiredness/exhaustion, stress, resentments/issues in your relationship, lack of mental sexual stimulation, lack of emotional sexual stimulation, lack of physical stimulation, is the sex not pleasurable for you when you have sex, medications that decrease sex drive, your diet can affect your libido, the amount of exercise you get can affect your libido, and then there are medical and hormonal issues that can affect the libido.

Firsr you must figure out what is causing the issue. Then you can address and hopefully rectify the issue.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:19 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Hormones play a large part in it, I struggled for a LONG time and when I went off the pill last year finally started having a sex drive again. Still not up to par with my husband, but much better than it was. You might talk to your dr about it. It is nothing to be embarrassed about.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:32 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Do you have kids, and if so, how old are they? Before I had my son, my sex drive was seriously through the roof. But after I had him, POOF, gone... We're talking COMPLETELY gone, no interest whatsoever. It took almost 2 years for it to come back to semi-normal, but it still isn't the way it used to be. Of course, now I'm pregnant again, so I'm sure it'll disappear again too, heh. Poor fiance... Good thing he's very understanding...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:20 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• even if you arent feeling depressed, it can effect you in other ways. hormones go crazy long after having kids too, so you may need some hormone replacement or antidepresants?
    VelvetCat

Answer by VelvetCat at 3:23 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• When I was on the birth control pill it totally killed my libido. Have you spoken to your doctor? There may be some sort of medical explanation, otherwise it could be mental or emotional. If you can figure out the cause you might be able to find the solution. Or maybe try spicing it up with some oils or a bedroom toy or something like that. Good luck!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:29 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• i agree, birth control, having kids, stress, depression, poor diet... they can all effect your labido... i would work down the list and see what it is... maybe you are just in a slump and need something to spice things up so that they are more interesting again!
    asil

Answer by asil at 6:57 PM on Nov. 3, 2010