DEPO user question adult content

I have had my period for 17days... I got my first shot on Sept 1st and it was wonderful... fast track to now and I am miserable...

twinmama2009

Asked by twinmama2009 at 3:14 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Health

• I did depo for about a 9 mo. NEVER again. Out of that time I probably had a total of 3 weeks (added together mind you) where I didn't bleed. Also my hair fell out in clumps. I was almost bald on one side of head by the time I said NO MORE! and started taking the pill again instead. I know some women who take it never have a period but that was not my experience with it. I was so glad to quit it.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 3:28 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I have never had it, but my sister did and she said it was terrible.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:30 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I first went on the depo shot when I was 15 and bled for 3weeks strait then nothing for 2 years and I only had the shot for 9 months. It made me gain about 60lbs the first time also. I am now on it again and have been since Feb. and have only spotted here and there for maybe 10 days in that whole time I've been on it. I haven't had any other side effects this time around other than my period is pretty much non existent. The depo is different for everyone and my doctor said it usually takes the first 3 months for your body to get used to it and figure out how it's going to act.

jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 3:44 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• i know SO SO SO many women (friends) that HATED it... horrible side effects, constant bleeding, sick, hair loss, etc... ugh.
    asil

Answer by asil at 6:54 PM on Nov. 3, 2010