Can someone give me GOOD, HEALTHY, TASTY, meals I can eat for breakfast lunch and dinner if I think I'm expecting?

I know to stay away from fish with high mercury, and raw eggs and such but can you guys give me an idea of actual meals I can eat that wont burn a hole in my pocket. such as white rice and eggs, mashed potatoes and gravy etc. and things I can drink would also be nice to know to. I'm paranoid about everything I eat now.

Shanti0327

Asked by Shanti0327 at 3:16 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Turkey sandwiches, Salmon, Tuna and eggs, sweet potatoes, homemade fruit smoothies, chicken salad, cooked cabbage, beans and rice, peanut butter and banana sandwiches ( I ate a lot of those while I was pregnant) Soy Beans in pods to snack on, carrots
    BitsMom00

Answer by BitsMom00 at 3:27 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Cheerios, Toasted turkey and provolone cheese sandwhiches w/ mustard, grapes, chicken, fruits
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:20 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Omelets with lots of veggies and a little lean meat.
    Sandwiches, on whole grain breads, with lots of veggies and lean meats, and a little olive oil based mayo.
    Drink milk with the least amount of fat you can, and stir in a couple of spoons of powdered instant milk to up your calcium and protein.
    Diced fresh fruit drizzled with yogurt and a sprinkling of nuts.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 1:14 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Brown rice is better for you if you like it. Just make sure you are trying to hit all of your food groups daily. Also take a prenatal vitamin.
    for breakfast you can have: oatmeal w/ fruit & honey topping, eggs & toast w/ fruit juice, cereal w/ fruit, honey & milk,
    for lunch: brown rice w/ mixed veggies & a piece of chicken, tacos, leftover dinner, soups,
    snacks: crackers & cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt, hummus & veggies
    etc. these are just examples btw
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 2:53 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Prenatal vitamins
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:53 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• All I really craved when I was pregnant was fruits and veggies and some starchy things occasionally. Eating plenty of whole foods and healthy grains and lean proteins is good though.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:29 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Eat lots of greens, eggs and grains! great breakfast would be oatmeal w/ yogurt and fruit, lunch wholewheat turkey sandwhich, dinner pasta w/ ragu sauce!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 6:53 PM on Jan. 14, 2011