Know it all Cafemoms

I understand that we're putting issues on here to get other moms' input but does anyone ever notice that some answers come across as "I know everything you are wrong this is the way you are supposed to do it."? I put questions on here for other mothers to give their OPINIONS and advice. Does anyone feel the way I do SOMEtimes? Just curious?

mlmsm928

Asked by mlmsm928 at 3:29 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Oh yea, the biggest know it all are in the political section!

Answer by older at 3:30 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Well, everybody has an opinion, and everybody believes their opinion is right, I suppose. Some are just a lot more umm...forceful about it than others. Honestly, it depends on the subject. In certain cases there IS no such thing as "the right thing", and several opinons can be equally valid. In other cases, there really is only one answer...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:31 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Yes, I do. I think that everyone just needs to relax and not act like they know everything cause lets be honest does anyone really know anything?
    Army108th

Answer by Army108th at 3:32 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• You also have to understand that though that might be the way it comes across, that might not be the way they intend it. If they're shoving their opinions in someone's face, like the breastfeeding topic for example, then it can be obvious. However, sometimes it's hard to diferintiate someone just giving their honest opinion and someone shoving their opinion in another's face. I know I personally can be a bit long winded, but that's only to help share my knowledge of what I understand. I expect nobody to follow my lead, expect nobody to agree with me, I just share what I know. And I think a lot of the "Know-it-all" type people on here are doing the same. It's natural though to come off as a "Know-it-all" when you feel you do know about the subject.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:41 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Well it depends, I can't stand when someone puts down a parent for bottlefeeding, co sleeping etc, but it doesn't bother me when someone is just really passionate about a subject and wants to discuss it further. There is nothing wrong with that..that's how we learn.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:34 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• yes they are some that feel that their opinion/advice is the only one and any others are wrong. But unfortunately when we ask questions here we put ourselves in that position to get those views, we may not like them but we ask for them you know... but I know what you mean.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 3:48 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Oh yeah there is one on here that comes to mind with this question. Someone who gives their input then a little more as if she is trying to prove her point
    Anonymous

• jazzlikemraz... that's a good point. Its always hard to tell when something is being typed.
    mlmsm928

Comment by mlmsm928 (original poster) at 3:43 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Are y'all talking about me? LOL

I don't worry about them, sometimes, they do end up having better advice or know more about a particular topic than I do and it makes me go research and study whatever they are talking about.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:46 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Honestly, I think it depends what it is. If someone is doing something dangerous to their health, their safety, their finances, ect, they need to know it's dangerous.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:01 PM on Nov. 3, 2010