How long did you recover from your first C-section ?

I just had a baby on oct.25.2010 and i had emergency c section and i was freaking out i mean like going crazy lol .. and ughh im still in pain ! so how long did it take you to recover..

stephy_19

Asked by stephy_19 at 3:33 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• 2 weeks I think.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:35 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I was up walking the next day I had discomfort probably the first 2 weeks... once I could lay on my belly again I knew I was ok HTH
    twinmama2009

Answer by twinmama2009 at 3:35 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Pain lasted about 4-5 days but I was able to walk normally for a little while after about 3 days, with my first.....but full recovery does take the usual 6-8 weeks.

I've had two c-secs and with my last I did the same thing, got up and walked as often as I could, i even stopped meds after the 2nd day and was known as "the mom refused pain meds". It's a matter of getting your body to recover by resting, but also letting it recover by moving when you can.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:37 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I was up the same day, but it took me a few weeks to "recover"
    arianaxangel23

Answer by arianaxangel23 at 3:37 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• 1st - I was walking around the hospital the next day, up and down stairs, etc. Was back to normal activity in less than a week.
    2nd - I was walking around good in about four or so days and was back to normal after about a week and a half.
    3rd - I was walking around and such as normal about a week later and was back to normal activity about two to three weeks. I also had a tubal done that time.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:38 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I hurt for a few weeks afterwards. It took me two weeks to walk comfortably after the surgery. I remember having pain for almost a month afterwards. I wasn't lazy either; I had a 6yr old son to look after as well as a newborn. My cousin had an emergency c-section and she was stowed up for a few weeks too. When you go in for your check up I"m sure your doc will tell you its normal, unless your incision is infected or the staples are becoming ingrown, which that sucks too by the way. : )
    Zara_1418

Answer by Zara_1418 at 3:40 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I had no choice, I was up doing dishes etc. when I got home. Had no help with the baby, the dad didn't even change a diaper until he was 7months old. My 1st was a preemie 3lbs 4oz and in the hospital for 3 weeks but I walked the 1/2 mile every day to the hospital to feed him, 1/2 mile back then do it all again 45 min later. It was hard, My incision opened up when the removed the staples so it took forever to heal and looked really ugly, but I made it. Good luck
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 3:41 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Two weeks I was doing everything I normally do, three weeks I was doing it pain free.

Answer by missanc at 3:49 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• First baby was an emergency c-section. After being induced and laboring for 3 days they finally decided to cut me open due to not dilating. I made myself get up and start walking about 12 hours afterwards because I was scared of blood clots (so uncomfortable and harder to deal with the emergency c-section than my elective c-section). I had a morphine drip the whole next day and an infection w/fever so it was like the worst. I was in major discomfort for about 2 weeks afterwards, then it started to subside and I felt more like my normal self.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:59 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• They had me up walking the day after, but I overdid it, that set me back a while. I hurt when I walked for probably a week, and it hurt to laugh or sneeze for another week after that. Stairs killed me for probably 3 or 4 days. Hope you feel better!
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 4:02 PM on Nov. 3, 2010