How much effort did you put into baby's going home outfit?

Anna-Chubaby

Asked by Anna-Chubaby at 3:39 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Me=zero
    My mom=100%
    She went to Macy's and bought a Baby Dior suit for him to come home in.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:41 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• My girls wore 2 of my dresses from when I was a baby but they were too big on them (they were under 5lbs) so it looked a bit silly, I also forgot to take onesies and such to the hospital so they were in those horrid shirts they give... I would so go back and do that over.
    twinmama2009

Answer by twinmama2009 at 3:41 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I spent about a year in Benin (West Africa) and fell in love with the people and the land. My husband and I would LOVE to take the kids there to visit. I had a little shirt made by one of the ladies in the village. Each of our kids has come home in that - our little African babies! I love that they all wear the same thing
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 3:43 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I put a lot of thought into it. LOL

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:43 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I had about 5 outfits that I bought because I could not decide which one. Then the day I brought him home, I was so worried that I would break him by dressing him (first time Mom!) that I put him in feetie PJ's and a cardigan & that took me about 1/2 hour to do! So he wore his outfits a little later! LOL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:44 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• to be honest i didnt put too much effort lol there's so many cute baby clothes and at affordable prices ( depending where you go ) for boys and girls there's really no reason to stress over it or to overthink it. if anything the only thing i thought about while picking out my baby's outfit was the weather. Because my due date is in January i bought her a cute warm knitted outfit and a thinck jacket for her to be ready to come home in for them cold mornings or nights lol So it depends on what season your due date will be...i think that's how we should determine the outfit lol hope this helps! :-) **Take Care**
    joymoon87

Answer by joymoon87 at 3:46 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I searched HIGH AND LOW for the outfit I wanted him in.. - A SAINTS UNIFORM. took me a few weeks but i found one that he'd fit.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 3:46 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Lol I love the Saints uniform. I have a Falcons cheerleader outfit for her but its way too big. I have a knit sweater, cap, and booties outfit that someone at my gram's bingo hangout made for me. Under it I'll just put a white onesie and pink pants :)
    Anna-Chubaby

Comment by Anna-Chubaby (original poster) at 3:53 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I didn't have a choice. My son was 3 1/2 weeks early AND he was small for his gestational age too, so I had to get whatever fit. The clothes were so big on him! Poor guy...
    CalebsMommy0220

Answer by CalebsMommy0220 at 6:56 PM on Nov. 3, 2010