Do you self-educate yourself?

Do you ever take it upon yourself to learn, study, research a topic? Or are you satisfied with the amount of knowledge you have now?

I didn't know what category to put this in :-)

mz_erica03

Asked by mz_erica03 at 3:43 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I consider myself to be an avid learner, and if I ever stop seeking after knowledge and wisdom, I might as well be dead....
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 6:04 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Research and read up and study loads of stuff daily. Even if I think I know, I continue.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:44 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Most definitely.

I can't imagine my life without the desire to gain knowledge. I honestly can't.. How some people live for gaining wealth. I live for gaining knowledge and understanding. Knowledge brings understanding, understanding brings acceptance, acceptance & understanding directly relate to my ability to live/function in this crazy ever changing world of ours.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:51 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Yep, I love to read and if i'm interested in a subject I read plenty.....lately it's been a lot of books on Green Living, Veggie Gardening and Homesteading
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:53 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Every day! For me, Knowledge is like air... Can't live without more...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:27 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Sorry, I had to LOL at the "self-educate yourself" part. I can't self-educate someone else, right? :)
    But I'm not preachy, I just found it funny!
    I do self-educate all the time. Especially in this topic because I'm involved in a religious debate group and sometimes I have to actually research and learn in order to reply to a post. It's been amazing, actually, because I always find that my religion has a perfect explanation of everything .If anything, all the research and study has strengthen my faith, not diminished it.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 4:43 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• All the time... If a topic intrigues me I will research and ask questions ...
    I have my 9 yr old doing the same thing now... if something has his interest
    I will tell him to hop on line and research it...

I say this a lot...

"Walking thru life is a challenge, but walking thru life with an open mind is a Gift..."
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 5:28 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I am a Google whore!! Any question that I pops in my head I google. Did you know female dogs have clitorus's? They are located inside the vagina!! lol.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 6:57 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• If I happen to come across something that interests me, I will research it until I get a decent understand and then research some more. My current thing is herbal and natural meds/cures.

Sabrina ... I love that! Knowledge is like air ... can't live without more! I may be stealing that ... if you don't mind. =)
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:00 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I do it all the time, it's a sickness lol. When I found out I was having a boy and needed to decide on a circ or not to circ, I googled almost daily to find stuff... And that's how I became an intactavist.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 3:45 PM on Nov. 3, 2010