O no, is there trouble at the Tea Party?

Leaders of the Tea Party Patriots organization declared Tuesday’s election results “a victory for liberty,” but blamed a rival Tea Party organization for Senate losses in Nevada and Delaware, saying the group shouldn’t have intervened in those elections by making endorsements in the primary.

The two organizations have a history of feuding over how involved national groups should be in elections. The Tea Party Patriots organization does not endorse candidates, while the California-based Tea Party Express endorsed numerous candidates this cycle.

Asked if Tea Party voters should be more pragmatic in nominating more electable candidates during future elections, Jenny Beth Martin, a national coordinator for the Tea Party Patriots, took a swipe at the rival Tea Party Express.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 3:45 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• To the everyday citizen (mostly those who do not follow politics or choose not to get educated on real issues), if the words "Tea Party" are attached to an individual,-it's all considered 1 big group. So, O'Donnell and Paladino are associated with EVERY TPM faction, in the eyes of most, whether it's reality or not. Think to the lowest common denominator.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 4:51 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Dude, Christine O'Donnel. That is all I have to say.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 3:47 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I wasn't under the impression that it was an actual party, but rather a movement.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:47 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Which Tea Party? There's only a few hundred or so. You should be more specific, if you mean A Tea Party, call it A Tea Party.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:52 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• No.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 3:55 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I wonder if SNL is hiring?

Nah, she will just go on Bill Maher a few 100 more times, and I will have popcorn. :)
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 3:57 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• There is no trouble in my Tea Party. I am not involved with the 2 groups mentioned...so IDK. Honestly, I don't care. These people only respresent their respective groups...not the movement.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 4:24 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I would think the TPM is breathing an enormous sigh of relief that those 3 lunatics were defeated....saved that "movements" face, IMO. Amazing they allowed those fringe individuals to attach their names to the movement's sail.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 4:14 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• The Tea Party is a movement. This is a movement for all not just one party, people who think the government is moving the wrong way.

The tea part;y express is something else.

gammie

Answer by gammie at 5:14 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• One thing that we’ve seen across the country is that in places where the Tea Party people were allowed to nominate their own nominees and were not influenced by top-down political organizations, such as Tea Party Express, the Republicans did win,” Martin said at a Wednesday morning news conference in Washington, D.C.

Mark Meckler, another national coordinator for the Tea Party Patriots, claimed “the grassroots were not allowed to speak” in races where the Tea Party Express made endorsements. “An outside, top-down organization came in and chose a candidate for them,” he said.

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 3:45 PM on Nov. 3, 2010