For those with naughty teens, when did they go bad?

My 14 yr old is an angel! He calls me mommy, isn't embarrassed to hold my hand, enjoys hanging out with me. He even has a 6:30pm daily reminder on his cell phone to Call Grandma.

Is this all too good to last???

Orionsgirl

Asked by Orionsgirl at 3:48 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• My kids 'never went bad" either. They were like your son and am so grateful. You are obviously doing all the right things---he sounds like a wonderful kid!!!
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 4:47 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I don't have a teen yet, but I sure was a bad one!
    Andriya

Answer by Andriya at 3:51 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Mine never "went bad". At 18 my son in college enjoys hanging out with us for supper once a week and introduces us to his college friends in the dorms. My 24yo just recently moved back after being away for 5 years and he gives us a hug and a kiss on the cheek before he leaves the house to go home and will hug us randomly when he walks by us (we are the same way). He looks forward to Wed. supper at our house and going to his brother's football games and hanging out with us on Saturdays. My 22yo and 20yo sons are away but they call often. All of my sons will hug us in public or around friends, they don't care who sees it. It's all in how you raise them and in how close you are as a family.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 3:51 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I couldn't tell you. My 2 oldest daughters behaved worst between 9 and 10. My oldest is 14 and at present is a sweet kid.
    psychstudent

Answer by psychstudent at 3:52 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I was pretty naughty at 13 so he's made it a year farther than I did. So maybe you'll be ok. Not all kids go thru a rebellious phase. Even though I did I always loved my family and once I was past those tumultuous teen years I settled down into a normal human being again and have great relationships with all of my loved ones.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:14 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I "went bad" when my mother stopped paying attention to what I was doing. She was too wrapped up in herself to worry about her children.
    Anonymous

• Keep the lines of communication open and they will not go "bad".
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:54 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• They only go bad when there is no discipline or someone that cares.

Answer by older at 9:49 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• my oldest went bad at 16 but my others are perfectly fine and I think you have a great son there! =)
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 10:56 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• That would scare me a little bit. Something seems just too perfect.... Keep an eye on that and don't be fooled by all the good boy acts.
    erotikrose

Answer by erotikrose at 9:38 PM on Nov. 3, 2010