Have you ever had CPS called on you?
If it's a false claim, can you fight it?

Asked by smokisses at 3:50 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• My X called once to be a %&^$...they came out unannounced however nothing ever came of it because my DH is OCD so the house is ALWAYS in immaculate condition...The CPS worker actually commented on how the house looks like no one lives in it because of DH's ability to keep it clean! You can fight it if it is false though...I do believe they files charges against my X and he had to pay a hefty fine for false reporting...He was angry because it was about a $3500 fine.

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 8:28 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• nope

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:52 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• No I havent but I was in and out of CPS growing up. And if it is a false claim yes you can fight it.

Answer by LiLJeni at 3:52 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I had them called on me and My son and I both talked to the lady and it was QUICKLY dropped.

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:53 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• yes and the case was dismissed.

Answer by mhaney03 at 3:55 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• No but my ex threatened to once and I proactively talked to a friend of mine who works in CPS. Unless there is a documented immediate danger to the children, they do an investigation before acting on a call.

Answer by riotgrrl at 4:02 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• No, I have never had CPS called on me.

Answer by fallnangel93 at 4:03 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Yes, and I got advice on exactly what to do. It was squashed pretty quick.

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:05 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Yes, I have them called on me often. It is always false and the caseworker comes out and verifies all is well. They can not open an investigation without a good reason.

Answer by matthewscandi at 4:07 PM on Nov. 3, 2010