Marfians Syndrome... Why Are MD's Soooo Nervous To See You As A New Patient?

Myself and my girls ''May'' have Marfian's Syndrome... But, you have to 1st go to your Primary MD... We just moved here. My God... It's like I must of mentioned the BLACK plague or something.... My daughter's old surgeon is the one that threw the idea of - you guys might have....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Health

• i agree, your primary DR isn't going to treat it, you will need to see a specialist... so i wouldn't even mention it until your visit, get your referral and move on... lots of PC DRs just don't know how to handle uncommon health issues.
    asil

Answer by asil at 6:49 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• They probably don't know how to treat it because it's not common. You probably have to go to your PCM to get a referral. I know my insurance company is like that. I can't go to any specialist without a referral first.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:08 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• You mean Marfan's Syndrome?

My grandfather had that, and the resulting aortal wall dissection resulted in his death. He was 58. Of course, that was 20 years ago and there's been a lot of advancements since then.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 4:07 PM on Nov. 3, 2010