to all the moms who had a sonogram done and clearly see the sex of the baby?

has any moms had a sonogram done and been told they were having a boy and seen the genitles and when you had the baby it turned out to be a girl??

magical_mommy

Asked by magical_mommy at 4:10 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I've heard of it but da other way around. Dr confused da penis for da umbilical cord n thot it was a girl when it was a boy. Same thing happened to my cuzin.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 4:13 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Yes, thet happened to me. I kept telling my husband it was a girl. But I was wanting a girl and he kept telling me I was going to be disappointed. Turns out she was. My mother always told me be careful what you wish for. She is a little hellion. I wouldn't take nothing for her though.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 4:15 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Nope. Not me. Was told my son was a boy, and he was most definitely a boy, lol.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:18 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• The ones we had were accurate that we were having a boy. I have a friend who was told they were having a girl and it turned out to be a boy though.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 4:18 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• i ask because it happend to my sister and i have the stongest feeling its a girl and the sonogram lady said boy but it looked like the umbilicle cord to me i may be wrong but something is telling me girl i guess i will have to wait and find out just wanted to find out how common it was for there to be a miss diagnosis
    magical_mommy

Comment by magical_mommy (original poster) at 4:20 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I don't see how it could be wrong if they clearly saw it. It was obvious with my son, even I could tell he was a boy. I could see both the umbilical cord, and his boy parts. But with my daughter she wasn't in as good of a position and the lady was honest and told me she was guessing girl but wasn't sure.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 4:21 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I had a sonogram yesterday, and it clearly showed I'm having a boy, even though I was CONVINCED I was having a girl. Oh well, I had an amnio too, so I guess I'll know 100% for sure in about 10 days. But my first one showed as a boy, and was a boy, no mistake there.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:22 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I have had a couple ultrasounds, and they clearly show the balls and penis. WE ARE HAVING A BOY.
    smokisses

Answer by smokisses at 4:26 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• i have a boy and girl ....for my son it was very clear the tech said definitly a boy...for my daughter they said 70% the first time but I had another u/s after that and they were more sure but still only said pretty sure.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 4:35 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I have two girls, and on the ultrasounds it was fairly obvious they were girls, no little penis or testicles, and no umbilical cord in the way. My current fetus is definitely a boy, he was showing off his jewels and right away the doctor said it's a boy!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 4:47 PM on Nov. 3, 2010