A Baby Doll from the 80's had a zipper to zip, shoe laces to tie, a button

I remember a toy from when i was growing up, it was a soft baby doll with red hair and pig tails with a blue vest, that had a zipper on it, on the doll was a red button, and shoe laces at the bottom so you could learn to tie your shoes etc... I loved this doll obviously since i can still describe it. I want to get my little girl one for Christmas, but don't know what there called i know it won't look the same or anything like that but geez where the heck do i find one who makes it and what is it called?

Bluesdawg02

Asked by Bluesdawg02 at 4:12 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Raggedy Ann
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:14 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Dressie Bessie. I got one for my son that was an Elmo, they used to have an Ernie one too (from Sesame Street) but I haven't seen the original in years.

Answer by missanc at 4:14 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Playskool has one called dapper dan...I think they also have a girl version too but this is the one I found right off hand

http://www4.shopping.com/Hasbro-Playskool-Dapper-Dan-Learning-Doll/info
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 4:14 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• My boys had one like that in the 80's only it was a boy. It was called Dapper Dan, In think.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:15 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• there was also a "dapper dan" that my brother had - boy version of the same doll

Answer by missanc at 4:15 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:17 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:18 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• OMG Thank you for asking this! I was just thinking about my doll like that a few days ago and trying to figure out what it was called.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 6:03 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I'm so excited to figure out what it is called i will buy one used on e-bay if i have to thank you all so much!
    Bluesdawg02

Comment by Bluesdawg02 (original poster) at 8:49 PM on Nov. 3, 2010