Need help! Business attire!

I have a job interview for a new job on Monday. But I don't know what to wear! Should I wear a skirt and a nice shirt.. or pants and a nice shirt? I'm unsure of the dress code, as it's an interview. But I'm really interested in this job! Please help!!!

Hollea

Asked by Hollea at 4:14 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

• As long as the pants are dress pants, not casual or blue jeans, either outfit would be fine for an interview. Good luck with your interview!
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 4:18 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• If you have a blazer jacket that matches anything, try that.
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 4:26 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Thank you. Oh and they would be dress pants.
    Hollea

Comment by Hollea (original poster) at 4:26 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Always overdress for your interview. You're there to ask for a job, in a professional manner. Doesn't matter if you're asking to mop the floors, when you're dealing with the person doing the hiring, it's best to look professional as if you're there to apply for a CEO position.
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 5:04 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I agree either would be fine. Make sure your nails are done too.
    Anonymous

• You should always wear a suit to an interview, especially if it is a professional or office job. It's still preferable that women wear a skirt unless it's really the dead of winter. Make sure the suit fits you properly. Don't wear much jewellry, avoid perfume and keep the make-up neutral.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:17 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I wouldn't always wear a suit to an interview. I've gotten plenty of jobs just by dressing appropriately (according to how people are dressed on their website or what Google Images brings up for their company). Nice pair of black dress slacks, button up Oxford cloth shirt, comfortable, non-scuffed shoes. If you have a blazer or jacket that matches the material AND color of your dress slacks, wear that, too.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:25 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• They sent me an email with directions just saying business dress. So how would a nice skirt be WITH pantyhose and a dress shirt?
    Hollea

Comment by Hollea (original poster) at 2:29 PM on Nov. 4, 2010