Military contracting....

I really wanted to go into the military, but I can't get in due to medical issues. One of my husbands air force superiors told me that I could try for a Military contracting job though, and if I get a relevant degree I could move up the list and get my foot in the door. I did not ask what degrees would be relevant because I was not sure if I wanted to do that. Now I think I want to, but I can't into contact with him. So I am wondering if anyone knows where I could find a list of degrees that might help me get a contracting job. I kind of have to rely on the internet at the moment because I can't get to the education building on base when its open, so that makes it even harder. Anyone know a good web site or anything?

hostlerak

Asked by hostlerak at 4:15 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

• Not too sure.. But those contracting jobs have very similar medical standards of the military if I am not mistaken. Good luck.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:20 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• It just depends on what kind of work you want to do. The military contracts out to many jobs....logistics, security, payroll, working in the hospital. you are a military spouse? If so that puts you higher on the list for something like that. If you visit your family support center they may be able to help you find something directly with the base or direct you to area where they are in need. With the contractors they do their own hiring and you have to worry about the contract being renewed each year...if it isnt renewed you may have to relocate or may even be out of a job.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 4:22 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• The following can guide how to start with GS - Government Service job with DOD - Department of Defense. 

WHAT IF I DON'T HAVE A DEGREE? 

"If you are just starting out, you can qualify for jobs at the GS-2 level with just a high school diploma or as little as 3 months of general work experience for most clerical and assistant positions."

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:21 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:22 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• www.usajobs.gov
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:12 PM on Nov. 4, 2010