Credit cards or layaway?

How are you doing your Christmas Shopping?

My_o_me_x_3

Asked by My_o_me_x_3 at 4:19 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Shopping

• Cash money and sales. If I didn't have the cash, I would do lay-away.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:20 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Cash. Always cash. We don't use credit cards. The only things financed are the house and his car.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 4:22 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Cash. I budget out $20-40/wk starting in October and do the shopping a bit at a time, or save up a few weeks for the big things.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:23 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Hopefully all cash this year, we closed 3 of our 5 credit cards so not much credit to play with this year, thank goodness.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 4:25 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• My Diwali shopping (all holiday shopping really) is cash only.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:26 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• cash... we have done credit in the past and paid it off at tax time but that isnt always a reliable way to do it and you still accrue some interest. I think it is just as easy to buy little bits at a time instead of making layaway payments and waiting in long lines to get your stuff out unless there is a big item that you want and you know it may not be available by the time you have the money for it...then layaway would be a good option.

foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 4:27 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• i'd rather use cash or put it in lawaway but we dont have much spare money even in the last few months. We are having another baby anyday now & I havent been working the last few months :( So we budgeted what we could & might put a few things on the credit cards so the kids have something, even if its not much
    My_o_me_x_3

Comment by My_o_me_x_3 (original poster) at 4:28 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Paying with cash
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 4:28 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• layaway is good if you have to buy something and wanna make small payment over the time. But i dont do that. I wont buy lots of presents. I only have one daughter and she has grandparents and great grandparent so she will get from them presents and when I buy one that will be then more that enough presents in total.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 4:30 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• We don't have much money either. We have and are teaching our children it is not all about presents.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 4:31 PM on Nov. 3, 2010