Something to ponder if you are scared you are going to have a *BIG* baby or doc wants to induce due to a *BIG* baby...

Most above average weight newborns do NOT have larger than normal heads and that is the hardest part to deliver. And some 5 and 6 pound babies have HUGE heads. The point is Babies weight isn't really the issue, it's the head circumference. And even if baby is 12 pounds, if his head is normal sized, then, the rest of his body should come just fine..and remember "Fat is squishy". LOL
This is for anyone scared they are going to have a big baby and be forced to have a c-section.
I also recommend researching different birthing positions.

Does this help you at all? I hope so..

BradenIsMySon

Asked by BradenIsMySon at 4:35 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• 15 inch head and a 10lb 4oz baby!

Yippee for big healthy babies!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 5:12 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I married the pumpkin headed people and was concerned about delivering naturally but I was willing to try. Unfortunately, he became wedged in the birth canal and I was delivered by c-section.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 4:39 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I knew I was in trouble when I could wear his 5 year old nephew's bike helmet
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 4:40 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Well, my son was 7lbs 1oz, average weight. However, he did have a giant melon head. The size, combined with the way he was twisting it, pretty much guaranteed it was never even going to answer the birth canal (trust me, I tried for over 24 hours, he didn't even budge an inch). Even now, 2 years later, his head is still in the 96%. He barely fits in 4T baseball hats, sigh...

I'm REALLY hoping this next one won't be the same way, since I'm going for a VBAC.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:46 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Good Luck!
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 4:47 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• LOL @ Pumpkin Headed People.

Dang those head sizes.
    BradenIsMySon

Comment by BradenIsMySon (original poster) at 4:40 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Wowser..yeah, your kids probably could have been low weight and you'd still need other options.
    BradenIsMySon

Comment by BradenIsMySon (original poster) at 4:41 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Yep, but my son was 9 lbs 4 anyway!
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 4:42 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Aw heck. He was just a big ol' boy all around.
    BradenIsMySon

Comment by BradenIsMySon (original poster) at 4:43 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• *ENTER the birth canal, sheesh!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:47 PM on Nov. 3, 2010