My Iud came out do I need to get checked by the doctor?

I was searching for my strings and I felt something very hard. It was my iud almost all the way out!! It was too late at night to go to the doctor so I pressed on my stomach and pushed a little and sure enough the iud came all the way out. I'm not in pain and I have no bleeding. Do you think I need to go see a doctor or am I ok? We were only using the iud as back up my husband got a vasectomy a year ago and tested infertile.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:47 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Health

• Yes you need to go in!! Make sure that everything is a ok(=
    missmoma73

Answer by missmoma73 at 4:52 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• You only need to go to your doctor if you want it put back in.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:52 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• the commercials say if it falls out you need to go in, so I'm sure there is a reason for that.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:53 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Good Luck(=
    missmoma73

Answer by missmoma73 at 4:54 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I would go in just to make sure that it didnt damage anything on the way out. If you have a scratch or something you dont want to take a chance of getting an infection.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 4:57 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Go in to make sure you're not inflamed or anything up in there. Who knows what it could have done on it's way out but it sure doesn't hurt to have it looked at. I had an IUD removed after it being inside me wrong and I had to take an anti-inflammatory because it irritated my cervix.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 5:12 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• the same thing happened to me, excpet my husband was not fixed. went into the doctors to see what happened, And was gonna get another one put back in, but ended up bein pregnant :) That was with my first kid, my daughter she is 20 months now!
    ashcrash

Answer by ashcrash at 5:26 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• i would say to go in, but no need to RUN there... they just need to check to make sure things are okay with your body...
    asil

Answer by asil at 6:47 PM on Nov. 3, 2010