is there such a thing as walking too much while being pregnant?

can walking too much (such as an hour or an hour half a day) cause labor? ive been feeling my baby drop everytime i walk...even to the bathroom, or kitchen! i also feel some tightness in my stomach, even when im sitting down...it's getting to be quite frequent...especially this week! the tightness ive been feeling for the past 2-3 weeks but ive been feeling the baby dropping lowewr and lower since monday...has me walking a lot daily cause these symptoms?

joymoon87

Asked by joymoon87 at 5:22 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Walking is fine it will cause ligements to swell but that is all. It can help labor progress if your dilated cause the babies head pushes on the cervix
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 5:24 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• how far are you along? You should talk to the doctor about it. If you feel like its bad , I wouldnt do too much walking until I talked to the doctor about it.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 5:23 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I think you should ask your doctor about your exercising and how you are feeling. My doc always told me if I wanted to climb a mountain..do it. I probably would take it easier closer to the end of your term.
    Alamama

Answer by Alamama at 5:25 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• It depends on how far along you are. I have heard that walking can help you to go into labor, but only if labor is already immanent. Unless your OBGYN has placed you into a high risk category or told you that you should be doing a lot of extra walking, everything should be just fine. :) Good luck!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 5:25 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• im 8 months pregnant, and the tightness continues and continues as we speak, and im sitting down...
    joymoon87

Comment by joymoon87 (original poster) at 5:25 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• well im supposed to do at least 30 min. a day...but i try to walk 3x a day after every meal for 30 min...idk, this tightness feeling is starting to alarm me (in a good way), i just don't know if im in labor or if this is normal or what...it's my 1st pregnancy so im a bit lost with all this.
    joymoon87

Comment by joymoon87 (original poster) at 5:28 PM on Nov. 3, 2010