Are you afraid of what the world will become if the candidate you are NOT voting for gets elected?

I honestly feel scared of what will happen should the candidate I am NOT voting for become elected. I have not always shown a deep interest in politics, but for this election, I have done a lot of research so that no one can accuse me of not making an informed decision. I am afraid that many voters, especially the young ones, are making decisions based on aesthetics, or personality perhaps, rather than on the true issues that matter for the older people of this country. I guess I will take comfort in the fact that being the President is not a one-man-show, and decisions are made by a larger group of individuals. Plus, there is another election in four years. But how much damage can be done in four years?

ceandcsmom

Asked by ceandcsmom at 11:20 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm not afraid because I know God is in control, but I am sure gonna do my part to see my candidate of choice get elected!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 11:22 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• no because it's all hype and drama anyway.
    pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 11:23 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Yes! It scares me that they don't see what I see in the candidate I do NOT want to win. They are going with the flow and the party and do not realize what will happen with taxes and finances if this candidate is elected. I can not afford any more taxes and this guy has a clever way of disguising his true intent (to give more money to govt and govt programs when I am here working my ass off and barely getting by)
    theroxy

Answer by theroxy at 11:25 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• "no because it's all hype and drama anyway. "

Agreed.

I think we all get a little nervous around election time, not only because of the mudslinging and rumors and such, but because it's a time of huge change for our country and its people. I think in a year or so we'll settle down into a routine (be it good OR bad, whatever) and we'll all be fine again. It's all just a little nerve-wracking right now, don't let it get to you.

caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:27 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• If my candidate doesnt win I will be really upset.
    Anonymous

• no I'm not scared.

the majority of people that would be scared are McCain supporters who are a) racist b) think Obama's the antichrist c)think Obama's a terrorist.

Anonymous

• gosh, i'm not a, b, or c. unfortunately, this response is exactly what i'm talking about. people want to turn this election into something that is all about race instead of the real issues, like who is the best candidate for the job. or who is going to allow us to keep what we earn. it's a real shame what we will resort too...
    ceandcsmom

Answer by ceandcsmom at 11:38 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Not afraid, because nothing will dramatically change with either guy coming out the winner.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 11:52 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Yes, I am. I'm very worried about the future of this country if McCain or Palin get anywhere near the White House.
    I'm old..and make my decisions based on facts and issues, just to let you know..
    msmoody

Answer by msmoody at 11:54 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• YES, situations like this in Mass:

http://www.protectmarriage.com/video/view/6

will happen :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 AM on Nov. 1, 2008