I need CUPS/GLASSWARE!

Any suggestions on where to find nice durable cups?

Which is your favorite brand?

Do you prefer square or round cups?

smokisses

Asked by smokisses at 5:25 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Food & Drink

• It depends. Do you want good crystal or everyday glasses? You can find good quality, affordable glasses at Target & WalMart.  Try checking online.  It's a good way to compare prices.

earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 5:40 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• You can find tons of that kind of stuff at the thrift shops - and who says they have to match?
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:48 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• LOL, I can't buy from a thrift store, they have to match... I prefer glass over plastic. 

smokisses

Comment by smokisses (original poster) at 5:51 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I bought this set about 6 months ago... http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=244444&CategoryID=28949#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D1264  They are REALLY sturdy glasses, my 5 and 3 year old can literally drop them on the floor and they do not break.  I really really like them.  The *only* complaint I have is I would prefer the larger size glasses to be a bit wider instead of so tall, but for the price, check it out!  19.99 for the set!  You can not beat it. 

gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 7:06 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• We got our everyday glassware at IKEA and have been very happy with it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:26 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I got a great set at Sears, they had a ton to choose from.
    Anonymous

• I swear by my Corian. It's not as cheap as SOME companies (I think I got a service for 8 on Amazon for about $50) but it's really light and durable. With a house with 4 major klutzes, I've only had two broken dishes in about 5 years.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 8:00 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I got some SUPER sturdy glasses at Ikea. I think they were $1 apiece, but they were symetrical - just like I like 'em! A friend suggested the dollar store, but again - SYMETRY RULES! Haha. Besides, at Ikea you can buy as many as you want and replace any that get broken easily and cheaply (though I haven't had to replace any in the 8 years I've had them). I also highly recommend their vegetable peeler.
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 3:25 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Target has some that are cheap and durable.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:42 PM on Nov. 5, 2010