yes halloween is over but have you heard...

that some families are trying to ban / get rid of trick or treating night?

what do you think?

justgg

Asked by justgg at 11:21 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think it's unfair. People have the right to choose if they want to participate in the holiday. It's not fair that a few people don't bleieve it in, and everybody else has to suffer because they don't believe the same beliefs
    Rachie7987

Answer by Rachie7987 at 11:24 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• *sigh*
    I think that's sad :(
    Why take away the fun from kids just because the parents are uncomfortable with a few things?
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:22 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I agree well said caitxrawks
    Anonymous

• i think if its not for them they dont need to leave their front light on. they cant choose if its right for other people or not.. my daughter had a lot of fun tonight and i wouldnt take that away from her.
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 11:23 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I think they are wrong by trying to push their religious beliefs onto others, because you know it's only religious reasons that they are doing it.

it's candy and costumes, what's so bad about it? I took my kids to the mall since I'm new to my area and didn't know where the good spots were to go door to door.
    Anonymous

• Only rediculous religeous morons would try to ban trick or treating. I mean seriously who is being hurt when kids go door to door? If you don't want to hand out candy don't . Noone is holding a gun to your heads.
    BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 11:32 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• If you don't like it turn your lights off and go to bed. Or go out for the evening so you don't have to hear the laughter and shouts of happy kids. Sheesh, some people ~ who peed in their coffee.
    lifeofchaois

Answer by lifeofchaois at 12:50 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Are they trying to ban for religious reasons or because they live in high crime areas?
    For religious reasons they can simply choose not to participate and turn out all their lights or even put a sign on the door saying they don't participate a "Sorry no candy" sign works well.
    Now I know some cities might try banning it in certain neighborhoods due to the high crime rates but they usually try to form some other activities for the kids to participate in like a "haunted house" at the local YMCA or school gymnasium.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:41 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I think it would be terrable. My daughter had the time of her life! We just moved 4 weeks ago and people were telling us to go to Trunk and Treat and the churches got really involved. Some church members were dressed like witches and wizards, rag dolls the works. I think it is great if you don't be styupid about it.
    Beccah2

Answer by Beccah2 at 7:42 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Thats crazy. I dont celebrate Halloween, but I would never think to take anyone elses rights away to celebrate!
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 8:20 AM on Nov. 1, 2008