Home schooling? Ga in particular.

I am *considering* it. I am not really sure I can. I mean I know I am capable I am just not sure I have the patients. This idea has never even been a thought until this year. I wonder if it is just the teacher he has this year making me think this is a good idea... Anyway. I know my state's laws and requirements and I have looked up curriculum's... I am just not sure how it works. How do I teach him and take care of his 'needy' little sister? How do I know he is on track? How do I know what he should be learning? If I can't get the boy clean his room without a fight what on Earth will make him listen to me when I ask him to do an assignment? I just am so unsure of how this would work and if I truly can. I work 4 days a week half days but that wouldn't effect 'class time'. I have someone to watch him the days I do work in the mornings (2 days) Can I afford the curriculum AND the extra child care? ::sigh::

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 5:45 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in

• One option is Georgia Cyber Academy... there is a website at http://www.k12.com/gca/ where you can get more information. It is actually "public school at home". The curriculum is free... they provide everything he would need and there is a teacher that will tele-conference with you about his progress. You keep attendance and he does part of the work online. My 4 kids did it one year of our 3 years of homeschooling and they did great.
    PeachyApple

Answer by PeachyApple at 6:01 PM on Nov. 3, 2010