how do i get the biting to stop?????

i have 18month old twins and they keep biting every body....... my son is the worse of them both he keeps biting his sister and today he drew blood on her side..... and im to a loss cuz i never had it with my oldest kid any answers any body plz

EchoAnn23

Asked by EchoAnn23 at 5:45 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• BITE BACK
    Anonymous

• i bite back it will stop
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 5:51 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I agree biting back is what worked for my son. I did not just bite him though. I would say "Don't bite your brother." If he would do it again I would say "See my teeth they are bigger then yours and will hurt if I bite you please do not bite your brother." If he did not listen that time I would say to him "I am going to bite you and then I would take his arm and bite it." I would not bite hard just enough to leave a mark. Then I would aks him if it hurt and I would say see how it hurts, that is what it feels like when you bite your brother.

I would then give him a hug, tell him I love him and say "please don't bite again."

If that does not work I would try the time out thing.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 5:57 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• That is what worked for my oldest daughter also; biting her and explaining how if it hurt her it hurt who ever else she bit. Funny thing is she is 23 and married, her husband says she likes to bite him, not hard just playfully!
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 6:00 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Yup I agree bite back you know how hard is too hard though but enough to teach a lesson.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 6:00 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Really bite back? Thats like spanking a child to teach them not to hit. Biting is generally a sure sign that a child is over stimulated and frustrated.

Kids bite because they cant express themselves. They get angry, tired, over stimulated and bammmmm someone is going to get bit.

No one wants to be around a biter that is for sure. As the adult its important that you child and the children around them are monitored. That you look for signs that your kiddo is being over stimulated or frustrated and catch them in the act of "expressing themselves with a "Do Not Bite" "NO Biting" or something like that.

Here is a ton of information on helping with your biting toddler. Good luck momma ~ http://pediatrics.about.com/od/biting/Stopping_Toddler_Biting_Behaviors.htm

mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 6:19 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Yeah my 21 month dd. Bit a little when she was around 11 months.I bit her back she didn't do it again.I did the same when she pulled my hair,I pulled her hair back.Not hard just enuf for her to understand these things hurt you can't do that.
    bucky77

Answer by bucky77 at 11:40 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Itd be nice to find out ... my son is 28 months and he bites... seems like he's bit forever ... i've been back, spanked, put in time out, took away Elmo (his favority) ... NOTHING works for me. i feel like im at a loss. I can't even take him to daycare!! thats' the ONLY place he bites.
    sgt.youngs.wife

Answer by sgt.youngs.wife at 8:56 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Hm, time out, take away toys, one by one, or all at once. Until he realizes you are the boss, and what he has done is wrong.

I had to teach my oldest this.

Take away toys, t.v., everything. Threaten his playtime
    Punk.Princess24

Answer by Punk.Princess24 at 1:30 PM on Nov. 15, 2010