Does anyone else have this issue with bookclubs/groups?

It's like every book group that I'm a member of on here and on Goodreads never have a book that I want to read lol. Or, if they do, I end up not being able to get my hands on a copy. I like book clubs and groups because they help me stay on track with reading, but I'm starting to get frustrated lol. I've been reading on my own, but I like the group aspect. Anyone else in this predicament?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 5:48 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Entertainment

• Would it be possible to start your own group? Find out what kind of books your members would enjoy reading.   Each month, or whatever time period you chose, put up a list of 3-5 books that you would like to read.  Then, give the members a few days  to vote on the choices.  The book with the most votes, is the one the group reads.  If people seriously want to be in a book group, they will cooperate.   Hope things work out for you.

earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 6:16 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I have a book club group but it's kind of dead. I still want to save it though, lol. I'm looking for new ideas so if you have any PM me! :-)
    mz_erica03

Answer by mz_erica03 at 6:09 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Yes. I think I've read ONE book that was on a book club's reading list, and that was "Water for Elephants". I think their tastes and mine are just too separate.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:53 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I tried the book club thing and it never worked. Now I read on my own. My friends and I all share books, although we do not have a book club or anything.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 5:54 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• That's how it is in all the groups I'm in (the choices and voting), but every book I vote for never gets selected. Then some months, there just aren't any that interest me at all. I think I'm going to start a poll about genres and stuff, and see how many people like the same as me, and if there are quite a few, I might start a group.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 6:44 PM on Nov. 3, 2010