Sharp, fast pain on left side, behind temple- any ideas what this could be?

It has been happening on and off for several months now. But they seem to be getting closer together. its a fast, sharp pain on my head. Its above my ear on my skull.. Its horrible. I cant help but drop to my knees when it hits. It only last a few seconds but the pain is unbareable. Like chewing on tin foil. I mentioned it to my doctor and she brushed it off as nothing.

Any ideas what this could be?

stenhouse_baby

Asked by stenhouse_baby at 5:55 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Health

• I get the same thing, I have had them ever since I can remember. I just call them instant headaches and they completely dibilitate me for those several seconds because the pain is soo intense. I believe the real name for them is ice pick head aches and they are a type of migrane.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 5:58 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• migranes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:56 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• i would see an ENT. Its prob sinuses or migraines. or just a sharp pain. I get random sharp pains like that and its nothing.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:57 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Gas. I swear. It can and will show up in random places before it makes it's way out.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:58 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• i would agree, headache... but i'm not sure what to do about them... i would bring it up to the DR again.
    asil

Answer by asil at 6:43 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I would ask for a workup from the doctor. Do not let her brush it off.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:17 PM on Nov. 3, 2010