Will they disappoint?

The polling firm Rasmussen is out with arelatively shocking poll given the results of yesterday's election. Here's the gist:

Hold the celebration. Most voters expected Republicans to win control of the House of Representatives on Election Day, but nearly as many expect to be disappointed with how they perform by the time the 2012 elections roll around.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds, in fact, that 59% of Likely U.S. Voters think it is at least somewhat likely that most voters will be disappointed with Republicans in Congress before the next national elections. That includes 38% who say it is Very Likely.

So are you with "THE people"? Do you think they will disappoint?

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 6:03 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• No matter who is in office we will be disappointed. Once they quit fighting and actually come together and compromise things might get completed, until then........................
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 6:51 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• The poll makes sense.... After dealing with the Bush years, I can imagine many Americans are skeptical. Then, they tried Obama and Dems, and what happens?? They spent MORE, rush more, and care less about accountability and responsibility...... Now what is the other alternative? Back to Republicans... So what can make it better? Americans need to engage~ Now more than ever and hold them all accountable. No one gets a free pass to "wait and see"...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:16 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I think the obvious answer would be that it is likely. Even when the two parties do work together, we end up with crap like No Child Left Behind.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:28 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Probably.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 6:25 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Seeing as this is not my first political rodeo and I have been around the block more times than even I care to remember, I can unequivocally say that the vast majority will be just as disappointed with this crop, as the last. None of these people are magicians and a whole group of cooks is always more likely to screw up the broth...everybody knows that. Balance is good for THEM; blame is more easy to shift. I see gridlock. How does gridlock create jobs-the biggest problem with the economy? At least if people had jobs they COULD stimulate the economy, make their house payment, meet their own needs, instead of shifting their needs to an already broken and overburdened government. Jobs takes precedent over the deficit, IMO.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:35 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Yes

Answer by older at 6:55 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Odds are good. Their counterparts disappointed. They disappointed before that. and so on and so on.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 7:01 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Nothing will be accomplished until the dems and repubs learn to work together.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:18 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I loved that you asked this, because I saw a similar poll on CNN earlier where approx 50-60% (I'm forgetting the exact number I saw) thought that Republicans gaining seats would make things WORSE and a fairly large percent thought it would make no difference at all. I was thinking if everyone thinks THAT, why in the world did they vote them in? LOL Yes, I think they will disappoint.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:30 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Probably. I love how some thing b/c republicans have SOME control..things will change. Politics is politics. All parties suck.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 1:20 AM on Nov. 4, 2010