(its me again) how much to move out?

Ok. I posted yesterday about moving out of my moms.
Id like advice from those that have been there. We make about $800/wk & only have about $600/mo in bills (car note/ins). Rent in our area is about $800. And we would have to furnish the place.
So how much would you want to save in our position? And how long do you think it would take?
Right now we are putting about $600/wk straight into savings (about to be less than that since it holidays)

Im just really worried we are going to jump to soon or bite off more than we can chew.

Justforme

Asked by Justforme at 6:03 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

• Well, you will need deposits for the apt/home, electric and possibly gas. You will also need 'set up fees' for things like cable, internet or/and land line. That alone could be around 1200 depending on your credit and the companies policies. Furniture can be acquired on Craigslist or goodwill for a decent price. Depending on what you have already it could be anywhere form 200-2,000 dollars. Furniture can be an on going project though to. All you need to start with is a table, chairs, beds and a storage bins. I would want to have some extra saving if possible before moving out to. I would save as much as possible until Tax returns and then go for it. At that point you would have a min of 6,000 according to your numbers you mentioned.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:10 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• You should probably have all the stuff you need, couches and stuff. You'll have food needs, electric, gas, phone on top of what you already pay.

We pay 2000 in bills/food. That doesn't include daycare/cellphone/gas. That's in a month. I don't know if that helps at all.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 6:13 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Sounds like you're doing the right thing. Save as much as you can for as long as you can.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:38 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Save up everything you don't end up spending. As the new pay period starts, pay all your bills and put the rest of your money into a savings account; don't touch it until you have enough saved up for the first six months of rent.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:02 PM on Nov. 4, 2010