To Tie Or Not To Tie That Is The Question?

ok so to tie or not i know every woman is different so thats why ive chosen to ask i have two boys already and one on the way in febuary should i get my tubes tied now im 24 and i feel if i get my tubes tied i may never get my daughter but i also don't want wishful thinking.what are your thoughts?

magical_mommy

Asked by magical_mommy at 6:11 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• At 24 I would wait. I thought I was done after my 3rd when I was 27. I ended up having #4 and #5 at 35 and 36 - I am so glad I didn't have it done. I have heard of many people that regret having it done, never heard of anyone regretting NOT doing it. There's mirena now and other long term birth control options.

Answer by missanc at 6:13 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• You are only 24, I would wait, especially since you don't sound like you know for sure that you are done.
    Taviesmommy

Answer by Taviesmommy at 6:19 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I'm 27 and just had mine tied 6 months ago. I have 3 and thats all we wanted. Thats the first thing my doctor asked me when I went for my first checkup.
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 6:20 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• i dont want more than 3 but i really want a daughter. so im on the boundries but i have to make a decsisn with in two weeks
    magical_mommy

Comment by magical_mommy (original poster) at 6:23 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• why within 2 weeks if you arent due till feb?? i know you have to sign paperwork but they make you sign again right at the end again
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 6:35 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• don't know its just what they told me
    magical_mommy

Comment by magical_mommy (original poster) at 6:39 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I was kinda in the same situation. I had 1 son and 1 on the way 3yrs ago and the doctor asked if I wanted to have my tubes tied. Since I am older back then I was 36 I decided 2 was enough and had my tubes tied. Since you are a lot younger I would say wait I did it mainly because of my age.
    dlshaner

Answer by dlshaner at 7:14 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I had one of each and KNEW I was DONE. I had them done and have never thought twice about it

If you have doubts or are not sure, then I would say wait
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:40 PM on Nov. 3, 2010