Post Partum

I gave birth to my first baby Oct 19 and have been feeling up and down with my emotions lately. Some days I feel really angry and easily annoyed and other days I feel really down and trapped in my own head. I realize that hormones play a big part in the mood swings but if it doesn't get better I"m going to make an appt with my OB. My question is this...For those of you who have actually sought help for post partum, what type of help can be given by the dr?

mire621

Asked by mire621 at 6:14 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• There's private one on one therapy, there are sometimes groups you can go to (moms supporting moms), or there's medication.

Answer by missanc at 6:16 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• you def need to talk to your dr. You need to feel happy and enjoy being a mom and the life you have. Hormones are the factor and you need to accept that you are feeling this way because of them. Talk to your dr and take what you can get. Youll be happier in the end GL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:20 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• BTW Its completely normal so dont hesitate to call. I dealt with it on a smaller scale so im not preaching just relating :)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:22 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Its normal and will stay like that for a while. I was up and down for at LEAST 5 months after my son was born and he is only 8 months!
    CalebsMommy0220

Answer by CalebsMommy0220 at 7:02 PM on Nov. 3, 2010