why would he tell me he's gonna ask me to marry him?

Ive been seeing him for 2 months- he claims to have fallen head over heels for me. does anything 4 me- very attracted to each other- and get along great. But tonight he told me he's gonna ask me to marry him in the next 2 months. I'm not sure what to think of it all. I'm flattered that he says this but he's only been divorced for very short time.he hasn't really dated much. I am desparate to think that he could be the one but after 4 failed long terms relationships- i am very nervous. But htis guy makes me feel like a queen and it's hard to accept that he may already love me... He hasnt even met my family. i haven't told them a thing! and to surprise them with a man who wants to ask my dad for my hand- cuz it know he will the second he meets him- i'm just not sure hwo to handle it all... but now i know he's gonna ask and it ruins the surprize dont you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Relationships

• I would let him know you need things to slow down a little. He could be "the ONE," or he could just be someone in love with the idea of being in love! If he does propose, and you decide to accept, premarital counseling would be a great idea! I know my husband and I didn't know each other well enough when we got married, and by the grace of God, we've made it to a good place, BUT--- we definetly made it harder to get there by not taking time to get to know one another better before we said, "I DO!"
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 11:29 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• My husband never actually proposed to me...lol! So I know where you are coming from. But maybe he will do something amazing to ask you to marry him :) Just let him know what you're thinking so there will be no surprises.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 11:31 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• In my opinion it sounds like your having some doubts. Listen to your gut! If it says "Hold up!" then you should definitely pay attention to that. Just remember that the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. Good luck!
    LizzyLynn

Answer by LizzyLynn at 11:32 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• 1st, it really sounds like you're moving too quick. At two months, what do you know about eachother?? Some people who are not used to relationships attatch too quickly, and can suffocate you. If you don't mind, fine, otherwise, I'd tell him that you really care about him, but it's only been two months, and you want to take the time to get to know him better first. Seriously.
    On the proposal, I knew the night hubby was going to propose, because before hand he came and we sat down and talked to my parents. (I was still in high school.) But it didn't take anything away from it for me, it was still special. ;)
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 11:38 PM on Oct. 31, 2008