Stitches/Catheter/Post partum

When I gave birth I had to be stitched on the inside and also received a catheter during the epidural. It's been 2wks and I get this weird pressure after I urinate and am wondering if it's normal. I went to urgent care to see if I possibly had a bladder infection but it came back negative. I'm not sure if it's just the result of having a catheter but if any of you have experience with this I'd love to hear about it and if you found anything to help remedy it.

mire621

Asked by mire621 at 6:20 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had a catheter as well and did not experience this, but here's a bump.
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 6:21 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Whats a bump? i havent been on this site in forever so its new to me~lol But i would call your dr and ask why youre feeling this way. Im sure its not a big deal but asking will ease your mind GL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:24 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• steph....a bump just is something to show you think it was a good question....you could click on 'bump this question' in the blue section under the question itself.

op.... well i have had 3 c-sections and of course a catheter with each one, so i guess our experiences may be similar. if it is not an infection, it is probably ok. it took a while for my bladder to get back to 'normal' afterwards. it always felt like it was not empty after i was finished going....it sounds like that might be how you're feeling too. it got better over time, but in the meantime just remember to be punctual and go right away, don't try to hold it too long or that will make it worse. you could ask the dr about it at your 6 week pp checkup, or sooner if it's really bothering you. but if it's the same situation i had it's from minor nerve damage and time is the only thing that helps it. gl!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 6:37 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I have a c-section with a catheter too. I did feel like that also. It felt like something pushing on my bladder after I was done peeing, but went away when I stood up. It went away after a couple weeks when, I think, my uterus and things went back to normal. Does that make sense? It's hard to explain.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 7:04 PM on Nov. 3, 2010