fever

I can't remember when you should take them in for a fever my son is 10 months and his fever is 100 even. I feel so bad for the little man :(

Heidikans

Asked by Heidikans at 6:42 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Anything over 102. Give him motrin and put him in a tepid bath. Hell be fine. GL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:46 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I meant 102.9 Thats what ive been told
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:47 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• They say 104.
    Try the cool towel, light clothing, small doses of ginger with water, and make sure his feet are not covered with socks. Good luck!
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 6:47 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• i would call the doctor and see what they say but if it was one of my little men i would be safe and take them to the doctor hopefully its nothing major good luck i hope he feels better
    19withtwins

Answer by 19withtwins at 8:32 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• at 100.4 [rectal] you should treat the fever-- with medication like Tylenol and lots of clear fluids like pedialyte and half st juice-- after 3 days of a fever you should to to the doctor

the height of the fever is irrelevant in a child under 5 -- just cause they get a 104.9 or only 100 does not tell you how ill they are-- the thermoregulatory sensor in their brain is not fully developed

72 hours of a fever tells you their own immune system needs help cause they haven't controlled it yet
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:22 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Well really it is according to what is causing the temp, my son had a temp of 104 and the hospital told me that all they can do is give them baby tylenol and monitor them. So I gave him baby liquid tylenol and luke warm baths like every hour. It went away, and was brought on by teething. It was SO scary. but luke warm baths really help alot, but the poor baby wont like it, just make sure it's warm, not hot, but not too cold either. Get a sponge, or wash cloth and drizzle the water over their head, but this time of year make sure you dry their hair well or they will get a cold.
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 3:47 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Thanks ladies. I took him in and the poor guy is cutting 7 teeth yikes lol
    Heidikans

Comment by Heidikans (original poster) at 12:39 PM on Nov. 4, 2010