3 yo in own bed

My daughter has no problem sleeping in her bed but needs me with her to fall asleep and when she falls asleep i leave and get woken up at 3am. The stickers and gifts do not work. She just gets up and screams bloody murder till i go in her room. She will fall back asleep and sleep till the morning. Is that good enough?? What can I do to make her sleep in her bed without someone in the room? PS tried supernanny tactics and it went on for 2 hours. def not what i want to do. TIA

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 6:57 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Can you co sleep?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:45 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• IMO children are often not fond of falling asleep alone (Sometimes) bc they are scared. Maybe of the dark, or the shadow coming in the window, or the way the clown on the shelf looks in low light.. it could be an array of things. First of all, if she doesn't have a night light I would suggest one, a very soft glowy one. A trick I learned with my son (it works wonders) is getting a little cd player and put soft baby lullabies on it on repeat, theyneed to feel that they are not alone in their room basically. Get a glow worm, or some sort of bedtime toy, maybe one that sings softly, or just something to cuddle with. I hope this helps. :)
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 2:29 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• MY 3 YEAR OLD HAS TO HAVE A NIGHT LIGHT, MAYBE PLAY SOME SOFT MUSIC OR MINE ALSO HAS A TV IN HER ROOM WHERE SHE HAS NO CABLE BUT CAN WATCH DISNEY MOVIES AND SHE USUALLY FALLS ASLEEP WATCHING A MOVIE WITH NO PROBLEM.
    candice0521

Answer by candice0521 at 6:57 PM on Nov. 4, 2010