Postpartum discharge

I am 3 weeks postpartum and stopped bleeding but now have a yellowish discharge. I have read that this can be normal but has anyone else experienced it?

brandles06

Asked by brandles06 at 7:01 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Health

• yah i need for a few weeks...still have it a little bit and I am 9 weeks pp...i think its normal
    travisnowensmom

Answer by travisnowensmom at 7:14 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• i had my baby in this past march. yes i had different types and a lot of blood at first and then it just went to brown or tan. then stainy. yellowish i guess at some point too. Just notice if the scent is terrible -- its goign to be a weird odor but if VERY bad you could have an infection. i dont think yo udo tho cause you are not uncomfoprtable or itchy or anything. god bless you and your baby!! just stay clean as possible, sponge bathe or use wet wipes, apply cornstarch powder to yourself etc or use a body spray on the rest of you to feel beautiful liek u r
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 7:18 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Yea I am not itchy or running a fever or anything like that. I am kinda sore where the stitches are though, I had a 2nd degree tear and I think what I am feeling down there is still sore muscle.
    brandles06

Comment by brandles06 (original poster) at 7:30 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• i had it
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 2:02 PM on Nov. 4, 2010