Ever made butternut squash soup?

Tell me your thoughts? I love it. I am making it right now. What do you put in yours?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 7:07 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Mine is made with curry and apples, chicken stock and some onion & garlic. So yummy! I need to make some now.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 7:15 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• OH WOW i freaking love that! I have had ti but dont make it or havent but you can put in chicken stock, and pureed squash, and a bit of nutmeg is how the gourmet restaurant made it... and a BIT of onion or garlic but not much! and some salt. mayeb some heavy cream but agin... not much. so yummy and so good for you. so cute is that my daughter who's eight months old loves the baby food flavor: SQUASH
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 7:10 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I took a soup making class and we made it there, I'd never had it before, OMG, so good! I would make it at home, but its too fattening for my never ending diet, rats.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 7:10 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• yes, it killed my finger peeling and cutting it but it turned out awesome!! it was my first time a few days ago.

i used a betty crocker online recipe that said to use chicken stock, some spices and then at the end use cream cheese. i added a little bit of sour cream too.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 7:21 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Yep... It's delicious. I put lots of butter in it & nutmeg (but not too much).... And, plenty of pepper. it's such great comfort food !!!
    IndigoRose

Answer by IndigoRose at 8:31 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Chicken stock, butter, nutmeg, salt, heavy cream.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:51 PM on Nov. 3, 2010