Anonymously asked questions. Why so many?

I haven't been on the answers page in a couple of days and I noticed that a big percentage of questions are posted anonymously. Why?

wilbursdaughter

Asked by wilbursdaughter at 10:15 AM on Jul. 4, 2008 in About CafeMom

• I haven't posted an anon question yet. But looking at the nature of some of the questions my guess is that some people just feel that the question is so personal and they don't want people who know them to know what they're asking.

Though there are some questions which are anon and I have no idea why. There's nothing embarassing or extremely personal about them. My guess is that they have their reasons. Perhaps that they just don't want anyone contacting them about their question or they are embarassed that they don't know the answer. *shrugs*
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 10:38 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• i guess ppl that want answers but are embarassed by it.
    gingerfargas

Answer by gingerfargas at 10:38 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• That's fine for the "touchy" subjects, but why so many within minutes of each other regarding everyday matter?
    gaamom

Answer by gaamom at 10:47 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Yea, why so many for everyday questions? Why hide? CM still knows WHO asked the question. If it came down to a lawsuit over one of these, they will still be able to tell who wrote what question, and started it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:45 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I was wondering the same thing. I've only asked a few questions. One was annon. It was because it was embarassing. Why ask whats for dinner annon, though? Thats silly.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 1:39 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• That's exactly my point. I undersatnd when it comes to the questions that are out of the norm. But I don't understand why regular questions would be.
    wilbursdaughter

Answer by wilbursdaughter at 9:43 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I just today posted a regular question anonymously. I guess because I felt silly about it, and I just asked a question yesterday--maybe I don't want to be viewed as a 'pest' or something?
    merryheart

Answer by merryheart at 11:40 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• wait - if you post anonymously, how does cm know who you are?
    merryheart

Answer by merryheart at 12:40 PM on Jul. 6, 2008