Bleeding during pregnancy adult content

I am almost 18 weeks prego with my 3rd. Lately I have had bleeding after intercourse. I have heard it is normal, but the other day, it was a lot, but didn't last long. Is that safe?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you shoudl ask your doctor actually if it was that much. keep that date and track it, hwo much it was how long it lasted and call your gynecologist office and tell them. maybe dont go so rough! they may tell you something. be careful whiel having fun. you need to act different i began not to be able to play ball with my sons cause i fell on my butt at three months along! off balance lol... it is only temporary so any changes you can get thru, its all worth it!
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 7:22 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Ask your doc. I read that the cervix is very sensitive and during intercourse can experience "trauma" and bleed.
    SamKJones

Answer by SamKJones at 7:31 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Have you had an u/s that determined the placement of the placenta? Sometimes bleeding after intercourse is just from the cervix and is not a cause of concern- however, if you have a placenta previa or a borderline placenta previa, bleeding after intercourse can be originating at the placenta and in those cases your doctor will probably place you on pelvic rest (no sex.) I had a borderline previa with my middle child and a bad cough caused an abruption/separation between the placenta and were it met the cervix- I ended up with restrictions on lifting and sex until the placenta moved up later on in pregancy.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 7:34 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I have bled alot with this pregnancy. Very scary but each time, I go in, they check on baby and explain it away. I am 13 weeks. The first couple times were from placenta previa and this last time (there was alot of blood) they did a pelvic exam and she said that it was probably just an irritated cervix, and I hadn't even had sex! So I would guess you are fine, especially at 18 weeks along. She said that as long as I wasn't cramping and the bleeding didn't last not to worry.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 7:40 PM on Nov. 3, 2010