Does anyone have a mirena?

I have a 2 year old and a 6 week old. I'm getting the mirena at the end of the month. How do you like yours?

sunshine58103

Asked by sunshine58103 at 7:26 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have had mine for almost 4 years now with no problems or complaints. I love it. Mine didn't stop my periods, but it did slow them down. They're barely there , and last 2-3 days, which is great, considering my periods had always been 7-10 day Texas chain saw massacre before I got the mirena, lol. I'm actually getting mine removed soon so we can try for a second. So we'll see how that goes.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 7:39 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• i loved mine, i had one after i had my first and again after my second, it made my periods go away completely, it was wonderful. however, at the end of june mine fell out, its a risk, it wasnt painful or anything, i didnt even know. but all in all, out of the aprox 6-7 years that i had one i loved it. almost every woman in my family have one and love theirs too.
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 7:30 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Did you know it fell out? I'm just scared of getting pregnant.
    sunshine58103

Comment by sunshine58103 (original poster) at 7:34 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I have one and am ready for it to be taken out. Its very effective, but I actually miss having a cycle nad having my hormones more balanced. Plus my hubby can feel it during intercourse, and its already been cut twice!

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 7:37 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I just got mine put in last friday (so not a week yet) and so far so good. It hurt pretty good when they put it in, but the pain subsided quickly...on monday I was really crampy (i think from walking steep hills on halloween). I was only on day 3 of my period usually one of my heaviest days, and my bleeding went down to needing panty liners only since then...bleeding longer or passing clots is normal for awhile..the mirena is thining your uterus. It also protects against pregnancy in that it makes your secrections hostile toweards sperm, the tubs in place in your follipion tubes, the hormones prevent ovulation, etc. I hope that I stop bleeding soon but if I have to go through some long bleeding to not have periods then hey Im all for it. No bad side effects to report of as of now. I would say go for it, I dont think you'll regreat it.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 7:39 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I have had mine for about 5 months and I really like it. It was a little more painful than I expected to get it in but as soon as it was done the pain was gone. I was a little crampy through the next day but that was it. My periods have lightened up significantly. My only issues have been some minor skin changes.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 8:02 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I have had mine for 3 months and love it. I check my strings every month to be sure. I have had a small period in that 3months.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:59 PM on Nov. 3, 2010