Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Can a spouse living on post recieve spousal support if spouse isn't doing anything to help financially like he is suppose to and we have two kids and one on the way? Trying to tell him to give these quarters but he is refusing to do so. He thinks just because we have a place to stay he doesnt have to provide anything for us at all. It seem his command just lets him get away with it and it makes me upset how long this has been going on and we have been sufferring.

Answer Question

Asked by 1lovemama at 7:35 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Relationships

Level 2 (4 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • The only way to get spousal support is a court order. If you have a court order you wouldn't be living on post anymore. Go to legal-aid and see if they can help you.

    Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:45 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

  • If you are still married, everything he has is yours too so you have every right to take money out of the bank account. Plus he should be getting quit a bit of money since you have children and are married and at LEAST he should give you that money. Tell him that and tell him that if he doesnt' , you will go to his CO and keep going up until you get the help you need. He will NOT want you to do this, even if his CO is covering his butt, the CO above his CO won't and they take this stuff really seriously in the military.

    Answer by JLS2388 at 12:56 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.