what is the correct way to warm up a bottle if you dont have a bottle armer

senior_2OO8

Asked by senior_2OO8 at 7:38 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• put it in a pot of hot water. Or if you are using formula, you just use warm water to begin with.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 7:41 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• put it in a pot of hot water or a tall mug of hot water
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:42 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• You can stick in in a cup of warm water, or a pan full of hot water. NEVER microwave it, though! That causes hot spots, and also kills the nutrients. Especially in breast milk.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 7:42 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• okay. my daughter takes a warm-water formula bottle BEST and cold is just yucky iwouldnt liek that either. guess what? if you are not using bottled water and its just tap water... use lukewarm tap water. thats what i have done with my eight month old daughter after a whiel with spring water. with spring water or prepared and refrigerated bottles, you shoudl run them under hot tap water for a while OR stick the bottle in a big pot of hot water -- this is the best way -- until it reaches the same temperature. but you knwo what? i LWASY used to microwave the Dr browns bottles fo rmy son!! always -- once you find the right setting (which i cant tell you as all ovens are different) it is safe if you swish and swirl it and DEFINITELY test it every timefor hot spots. but liek 10 seconds with the NIPPLE and RING OFF of course, and then use a bottle stirrer (we used to have a glass wand for this purpose) works fine. needs 2 b fast4baby
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 7:43 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Before bottle warmers, bottles were put in small pots of water on the stove. Let the water start to simmer. Be careful that it doesn't get too hot. I have seen people now, just make one bottle at a time, so they don't have to heat it.

earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 7:48 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I agree with jenellemarie. We were out at a ladies lunch with my son who was on BM at the time, so I asked for a container of a boiling hot water and warmed up the bottle of BM that way. We now use formula, so I use the warm water from the tap.
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 7:48 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• It worked in a flash
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 7:49 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• the doctor of my twins always told me to never microwave bottles that the best way is to fill the sink with very hot water and let the bottle soak for about 3 minutes and it has always worked great for me hoope this helps.. good luck
    19withtwins

Answer by 19withtwins at 8:31 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I fill up a pitcher with warm water and place the bottle in the pitcher and continue to let the warm water run over the bottle for a minute.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 10:48 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• we've formula fed all 5 of our kids and always warmed them in the microwave.  we tried that pot of hot water thing once.  the baby screamed for 5 minutes waiting for the bottle to warm up...she eventually threw up.  our first doctors actually explained how to warm a bottle in the microwave and we've done it that way ever since.  takes 10-20 seconds depending on the size.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:51 PM on Nov. 3, 2010