would you text them the 3 little words?

the new BF is a very emotional person. takes everything i say literally- for instance- i made a comment one night about how i love to put my hands in his hair so he can never cut it off so he took it to mean that he's not allowed to get a haircut until i tell him he needs one. he's always trying to please me.
But- he is itching for me to tell him that i love him. but i don't think i am there yet.. would you take something that serious literally if i txted " Luv ya! " it doesn't seem the same as" I love you". but i'd like opinions...

alwms

Asked by alwms at 11:31 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Relationships

• don't lead him on. If you're not sure, don't say it. He might take a simple "luv ya" to mean more than you do! I wont even text "luv ya" if I don't mean "I love you". Too much room for interpretation.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:38 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I only text "I love you"to the ones I have a deep emotional tie with--dh, kids, my mom. I text "luv ya"
    or <3 ya to friends.It's up to you,but if he's very emotional and literal, I'd stick with " luv ya" till I reached the " I love you" point--- if you ever do.

"
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 11:42 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Don't say it til you really mean it! Don't ruin it by just saying it bc he wants u to! When you are ready to say it you want to feel it too! You want that excitement and those butterflies from saying it with meaning. When my BF told me he loved me i just stared at him for 5-10 mins! with a huge smile on my face. I didn't say a word the whole time! I didn't say it back for 2 days, but that's just because I couldn't hold it in any longer and it was perfect when I finally told him! Wait! :)
    abootie

Answer by abootie at 11:44 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• i wouldnt say i love you until you were for sure ready because if you say it when your really not ready you will end up getting hurt worse if you do end up breaking up
    ldc90

Answer by ldc90 at 2:57 AM on Nov. 1, 2008