Is there something that, no matter what, you wouldnt consider?

I mean for your kid... is there anything you just DONT want to put them in, even if they end up asking?
For me, its karate. For my SO, its soccer..

Mme.Langley

Asked by Mme.Langley at 7:44 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• Not really. I want them to pursue whatever interests they might have, and there's nothing I'm that dead set against that I wouldn't allow them to participate in it.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 7:49 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• pagents!!! it drives me insane..there's no reason to be dressing your child up and making them look like they're twenty years old, when they're only 2-3..let them be little..
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 7:50 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Archery
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 7:52 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• football. it is way too dangerous. i know in other sports it is possible to get a concussion, but in football it is probable. there is a huge difference.

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:52 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Boy scouts... I just can't imagine supporting an organization that blatantly discriminates against gay people.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:52 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I would never consider any religiously promoted schools or programs. But that's me...

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 7:55 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I was thinking....nothing....until I saw someone post PAGEANTS...and I would have to agree...pageants make my skin crawl.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:59 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• My son has already gotten into what I wouldn't have picked for him....skateboarding! UGH! I can't even watch him, but he's gotten really good. He has been looked at by several national companies to be sponsored, so I guess we will just wait and see. We were watching Jake Brown a few years back on the X-Games. He fell so hard, it knocked him out of his shoes. I cried and it wasn't even my kid! LOL. If it had of been, they'd of had to medicate me, and carry me out on a stretcher! LOL. I know he loves it, it's his passion, but it scares me to death. He's already had a broken wrist, broken ribs, broken ankle, jammed fingers, and a slight concussion. Of course, like they say with skating, it's not a matter of IF you fall, it's a matter of WHEN you fall!
    jaycietaylorgma

Answer by jaycietaylorgma at 8:01 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• kiddy pagents
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 8:10 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• pageants..-- as a child..
    Now if she came to me as a young teen & truely understood how she was going to get judged then id let her..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:15 PM on Nov. 3, 2010