Are boys or girls harder to raise?

I understand this is a very opinionated question, just wanted to see what people had to say :)

Dark-N-Prego

Asked by Dark-N-Prego at 7:44 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have raised three boys and one girl. I would have to say in my case girls.
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 7:46 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• well, i have 2 boys (5yo and 2 1/2 yo) and a little girl (1yo), so i can only speak about the early years lol. but so far my daughter was much better than the boys as a newborn, but i'm sad to say she's worse than them now that she's a toddler lol. curious to see what other mommas have to say about the 'later' years
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:47 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I have 1 of each...but I would have to say ...it totally depends on the child...
    Ruffrider
    Ruffrider

Answer by Ruffrider at 7:48 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I have a daughter thats 9 and a son that will be 3 in a month and I would have to say at toddler stage girls are easier. But as she gets older she's starting to get into all that little girl "drama" and I'm anxious to see what his coming years will bring.
    slblsmom

Answer by slblsmom at 7:52 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I have 2 boys & 1 girl. With boys you have the endless rambunciousness, & sometimes crude behavior. With girls you have the whining & drama. I'd say it's a toss up!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:55 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I have 3 boys and 1 girl. Each sex has its own trials and joys.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:55 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Boys are generally more curious than girls...however,if you try to raise your boys ( & girls) to be self-sufficient and teach them BOTH to cook and clean and change their oil & air filters ,How to do laundry,cook , clean , pick up after themselves, etc...then you will have raised your children to be a great partner & spouse for their future mate and children ( your grandchildren)..
    Just good ' food ' for thought.
    Ruffrider
    Ruffrider

Answer by Ruffrider at 7:56 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I raised two boys but I have always heard that girls are harder to raise
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 7:56 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Im pregnant with our first boy, so i cant say. But i do hope they are about the same... or boys be easier LOL
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 7:58 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Oh I would have to say girls I have three boys ages 9 11 15 and they by far are easier than my daughter,she wants wants wants and thinks she is so without if she doesn't have what everyone else has. I would raise an army of boys thats how I feel about raising girls.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 8:03 PM on Nov. 3, 2010