Bummed - how many did you all have?

Ok, so I know I go overboard with the candy I buy, but I remember when my kids were little (they're teens now, so it's not been THAT long ago...), we used to get TONS of Trick or Treaters. For the past few years, we've barely gotten any! We move a lot, so at first, I thought it was just the neighborhood, but we've moved again, and, again, we only had a handful of kids come to the door. Is this because before, we lived on base, so people thought maybe it was safer, or is it just the area we're living in (same geo area, just different town / neighborhood than the last house), or is it just the way things are now?

How many Trick or Treaters did you all get at your house?

sailorwifenmom

Asked by sailorwifenmom at 11:35 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Just two, my nieces :D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:36 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I had 0 :( I used to live in an area that had no trick or treaters so when I moved to this nice house in a real neighbor hood 3 months ago, I got all excited this year and bought candy and decorations and stuff. :( oh well... relatives are getting candy filled stockings for Christmas LOL thankfully none of it is halloween themed :)
    Anonymous

• We get none, because we live on a very busy road, with no side walks.... the speed limit on the road is 45, but people go 50, so no mom in her right mind would take her child down our road.

However, the neighborhood behind us, off the busy road, where my kids actually, go had tons of kids....
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 11:38 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• we didn't get any because we live in a dorm. lol.
    But at my parents house the number of kids is decreasing each year. They're down to a handful. :/ It's so sad! But there is a bigger subdivision everyone goes to now instead.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 11:40 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• We live in nowheresville, so we were lucky to get my 2 nephews and their friend. Put jack'o'lanterns out and turned my light on...just in case. I grew up in a busy neighborhood where we had hundreds of trick or treaters, but now that I live in the country I have to tell, almost beg, people to come to my house and eat my candy. Too bad, because I had full sized candy bars this year!
    jdubois

Answer by jdubois at 11:41 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• ZERO!! We live in the sticks- I have to take my kids to town to trick or treat. We have had a total of about three in the twelve years we've lived here.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 11:46 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I wouldn't know since I was one of the trick-or-treaters. We never pass out candy. This was the first year we bought any candy to pass out because I wasn't sure if I was going to take the kids out (their behavior has been horrible lately and I didn't think they deserved it).
    After school, while we were getting ready the kids passed out candy to their friends on the street and probably 20 other kids. Then we left. When we got back they gave candy to another 20 or so kids. The rest got put in their buckets.
    There were a lot more kids out this year then the last few years because it was nearly 70 degrees out tonight.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:48 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• i got none at all which was strange since I live in an apartment complex that is loaded with kids
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:53 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• We get none here and haven't gotten any at this house for 5 years (we rent from MIL and that's how long she's had the house). So we go over to my in-laws neighborhood and trick-or-treat.
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 12:12 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• At least I know we're not the only ones. We live in a pretty nice suburb, but apparently, according to my dh, all the trick or treaters were up at this pretty upscale subdivision near us. He said he saw a bunch up there when he dropped our dd off for a Halloween Party. I talked to a friend of mine who lives in an apartment complex, she took her kids to the Mall and said it was insane there.

Oh well. I guess my kids, their friends, and our friends kids will all have tons of candy to snack on whenever they come over.... I just like seeing all the little ones in their costumes....
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:13 AM on Nov. 1, 2008