what can I do if my SD constantly lies to get her way? im annoyed with her now :-(

I have noticed after getting to know my SD longer that she lies and manipulates her father to get her way....for ex. everyone thinks she is a very innocent polite, someone who thinks of others kind person.... but I see her true person by her everyday actions, by online facebook and her cell phone conversations when she thinks no one can hear her..examples..she not allowed to have a boyfriend at her age (she is 12) she does...and a boy that apperantly went out with every girl in her class who dumps them when he gets what he wants from them (she finally told her father yesterday because she was crying about it he broke up with her) He didnt have a clue--I warned him earlier, but he couldnt believe his little girl would disobey. she swares.. she says she has to do LOTS of homework when we had planed a day out with our 4 m/old baby---so we stay home to help her..but I SAW HER online chatting and working on the same page for 12hrs

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• Shut down her facebook page, and take away her cell phone. Go over every homewaor assignment with her. Talk to her dad and tell him that she has to stop lying. He needs to get involved here really fast. This time she lied about a boyfriend, next time it could be worse.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 8:14 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Why are you watching her so carefully? I think you want to find something wrong to get her into trouble, maybe your jealous of the relationship between her and her father. Don't be like that, step children need the step parent to butt out and give them space, I know this because my husband is step father to my oldest daughter and she can't stand him because he behaved so stupidly in the beginning.
    Jules283

Answer by Jules283 at 8:37 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Sorry.. I agreed with Jules283....
    Just be there as a stepmom..not as an spy..
    Monica655

Answer by Monica655 at 8:14 AM on Nov. 4, 2010