what should i do? a little girl bullies my daughter all of the time. i have had a talk with the teacher but it continues. one comment was that her shirt is ugly and theey wear uniform shirts and pants

lilygirl81

Asked by lilygirl81 at 7:57 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Why are girls so nasty? Even at such a young age. Try talking to the school counselor. Maybe she has some suggestions or maybe she will talk to the bully?
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 8:04 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Yes i agree I would talk to the teacher, counselor or principal. Bullying has become a real problem now days and I do not think you should let it go . If worst comes to worst ask for a school conference with her parents.
    sondaughter312

Answer by sondaughter312 at 8:10 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• As long as it is not physical, there is not much that can be done. Try to get her to ignore it. If the bully hits your child, tell her to go to the teacher right away, and if the teacher won't do anything, go to the principal.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 8:10 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• if you have already talked to the teacher then her parent needs to be aware of her daughters behavior what her child is doing could have a huge negative effect on other girls aswell as your child and may result in someone getting hurt at school i would take it up with the mother and then the principle.nowdays bullinig is no joke.
    magical_mommy

Answer by magical_mommy at 8:12 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• well, what does your daughter say when she says things like that? does she cry? does she get mad? what does she do? i tell my kids to stick up for themselves. bullies don't like it when their victim stands up for themselves. when i was in school i had some problems when kids would say things like that to me. so my mom gave me some scenarios and what i could say back to them. not name calling....you don't want to go there lol. but things like what would you say if the girl says you have a ugly shirt? 'well it's not as ugly as your attitude'. things like that. it worked for me and i was bullied pretty good in kindergarten/1st grade until i did this. it really helps to practice with her though so she will not be nervous about it. being confident is the key. gl

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:16 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Call and request a meeting with the principal, teacher and that girl's parents. Explain how you would like the bullying to stop. Find a solution to resolves the issues. Touch base on the schools policy of conduct and bully policies. Maybe suggest both girls have a meeting with the guidance counselor to work out their differences.  Also role play with you daughter on how to handle the bullying. Such as speaking loudly back to the bully "Stop it", "Leave me alone", or how to defend herself as another mom suggested.

kmrtigger

Answer by kmrtigger at 8:50 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I agree wholeheartedly with princessbeth. Your daughter can stop the bullying or choose to ignore it. She will feel much more empowered if she handles it herself.

maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 9:11 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I would let the principal know what is happening in writing and that you have spoken with the teacher and if need be take it to the district level. Make sure your complaint and request for a meeting with the principal is in writing and document everything.

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 11:33 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I tell my daughter to stick up for herself! If a girl is making fun of her shirt and she is wearing the same thing, have her say something like "you must not like your own shirt then, huh?" Why do girls have to be this way....
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:53 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Teach your daughter to use her words to tell this girl to find something better to do with her time. She has to learn to stand up for herself and know that there is not anything wrong with her, but with the bully.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:51 AM on Nov. 4, 2010