sudden clinginess?

My eight month old who used to go to anyone, suddenly only wants to be held by me. He cries when anyone else holds him, even my husband. People keep telling me this is a phase. Just wondering if anyone elses babies went through this, how long it lasted, and if there is anything we can do to make him feel better.
No bashing please.

GingerMom33

Asked by GingerMom33 at 8:07 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• for my kids it was at 9 months. it's just a phase.....separation anxiety. my daughter was the worse and it lasted for 2 months i think

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:23 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• my boys are 11 months old and one of them is clingy to me but one to his daddy they werent always like this either but i would try bribing him a little and im sure he will want to be close to you when he realizes hey mommy has the goods thats what i do to my baby who is more of a daddys boy good luck
    19withtwins

Answer by 19withtwins at 8:28 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Definately normal age for that, just wait it out and your LO will be through it soon.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 3:56 PM on Nov. 5, 2010