And, here it goes!

Saw an OBGYN today and she is having some tests done to see if there are any factors affecting us getting pregnant. DH had a semen analysis done so will wait to hear the results of that. I have to get a hysterogram done to check my ovaries and fallopian tubes for any abnormalities, as well as some blood tests to check my progesterone levels and to make sure I am actually ovulating.
She is also going to put me on Clomid after these tests are done and if there are no other factors to address first. She has said that she needs to 'trick' my ovaries into being stimulated so that I ovulate more than once a month to increase our chances of getting pregnant as we are both 36 and don't have alot of years left to try.
I am optimistic but also a bit apprehensive about using any drugs to help us but if this gives us the healthy baby we are hoping for, it will all be worth it.
Any Clomid users out there with success stories?

miraclewaits

Asked by miraclewaits at 8:33 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Hubby and i went through all the testing you are. After it was all said and done I was put on clomid. I was on it for 6 months. I got pregnant my last month on it :)
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 9:00 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I went through 3 months of Clomid at 35 and got pregnant on the 3rd month, the same month that my father-in-law passed away.

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 11:49 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• We are both 36 so know that we don't have alot of time on our side anymore. We are TTC with the help of Clomid (if all the tests reveal that there isn't any other issues preventing or making it harder for a pregnancy to occur). I am doing the tests on Day 6-10 of cycle as well as some bloodwork and my progesterone levels on CD 22, then the OBGYN will meet with me again and hopefully start me on Clomid after that. It gives us new hope, if nothing else!
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 2:40 PM on Nov. 4, 2010